rss
@rohhy

Add anything to MY Computer!

Here is a simple but useful trick to add your favorite software to access from My Computer {now it called ‘Computer’ only! not ‘My Computer’} window, all you have to do is just copy and paste those shortcuts which you like to appear in Computer:

Rohhy

1. Go to following folder:
%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Network Shortcuts
The user %userprofile% is the location like; ‘C:\Users\ABC’ where ‘ABC’ is the user name

So in my case I would open;
image C:
image Users
imageABC
imageAppData
imageRoaming
imageMicrosoft
imageWindows
imageNetwork Shortcuts

2. Copy a shortcut 
For e.g. I’ve copied Calculator from start menu by right clicking on it and selecting ‘Copy’ option.

3. Paste the shortcut in “Network Shortcuts” folder

4. Start ‘Computer’ from start menu and you will see those shortcuts you have added, under ‘Network Location’.

You can add files, folders, and application in this folder! and have direct access to theme through ‘MY Computer’!

-Rohy Chopda

follow me @rohhy

0 comments:

Post a Comment